Tue 09 Feb 2021
A 60-second speed read.
The past 12 months have been a Mount Everest like challenge for most of us.
But hope is on the horizon.
Here are seven reasons to stay optimistic in 2021.
- The vaccine rollout continues to gather pace and is vaccinating millions.
- Several animal species are expected to be saved from extinction.
- More governments across the globe are committing to cutting carbon emissions.
- Spring is around the corner – Better weather is coming.
- The fallout from the pandemic could be that we rebuild our societies in a fairer, more sustainable way.
- Sociologists predict that many people will emerge from the lockdown with a kinder, community-minded approach.
- After the Spanish Flu pandemic which ravaged the earth from 1918 – 1920 an economic and cultural boom swept Europe and North America. It was dubbed the ’roaring twenties’ and many experts predict we could be in for a similar period more than 100 years on from that decade.
Let’s face it 2021 can’t be anywhere near as bad as 2020.
What are you looking forward to most when our lives return to normal?
Thanks for reading.